ShoreLark Nests: Upper and Lower
(Just scroll down for pictures of both Nests!)
Looking for a St. John’s area vacation rental? An ocean view? To experience life in a genuine Newfoundland fishing village? Fresh, clean ocean air? Look no further! Nestled in a hill and literally across the street from the fishing boats, our two ShoreLark Nests are located at 52 South Side Road, Petty Harbour, in a traditional Newfoundland style Salt Box home. And –we’re just 15 minutes from downtown St. John’s.
Our cozy Upper Nest and the Lower Nest both offer a warm but modern cottage feel, are gorgeously decorated, and have everything you need for a relaxing visit– as a home base for day trips, hikes, whale watching tours, or enjoying the shops, restaurants and pubs of old St. John’s.
Enjoy your up-close and personal view of the ocean, cliffs, whales and seabirds…and maybe icebergs even! The sound of the waves will lull you to sleep at night and greet you in the morning! (scroll down for photo galleries)
For those with difficulties navigating stairs: our Lower Nest or our ShoreLark Guest House would be best suited to you.
Each Nest has:
- 500 (very well thought out!) square feet
- Private deck overlooking harbour, fishing boats and ocean
- All modern furnishings
- One bedroom with Queen sized bed
with luxurious memory foam mattress
- Lovely linens
- Fully equipped Martha Stewart kitchen (including tea, coffee, and even basic spices and condiments to get you started!)
- Complete dinnerware and KitchenAid cookware
- Electric kettle and coffee maker
- Soaker tub and shower
- Full-size washer and dryer
- Free cable, internet, and phone
- Electric fireplace
- BBQ & patio set
Check the calendars on the right for dates available, then click here to book your stay! Two nights is the minimum booking, although we can occasionally manage a single night. Check the calendar on the right for dates!